Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend in a nutshell

So, the weekend flew by, and it was really delightful. I wish I had taken more pictures, but I didn't really think about it while we were actually doing things.

Sunday, I spent a good portion of the morning covered in bike grease, as I fixed my flat bike tire, lubed up and re-installed my chain, and then got by other bike (The Green Machine) back into working order, which required cleaning and re-installing the chain on it, and then fixing the breaks so they would be a little more sensitive. I replaced my panniers and made sure everything was fastened securely, we loaded up my bike with stuff, and took off for Boulevard park!

It was a beautiful sunny day, and perfect for a bike ride.



If you look closely, you can see the line of kayakers on the Ski to Sea course, coming around the last of the bends toward the last leg and the finish line. Ski to Sea is the annual relay race here in Bellingham that has grown into this giant 3 day festival every year. It was really crazy crowded and hot, and I got very, very sunburned. Is it any wonder that we did, though? Look how white we are!




The kayakers are a little more visible behind Kat than in my picture that is actually OF the kayakers.



Here I am, watching them from the Boardwalk. It was crowded and crazy, and it made me really glad we left our bikes locked up at Boulevard and decided to walk to Fairhaven instead. I couldn't believe how gorgeous the weather was for us all weekend long. That day, after we ate and bought some pottery from Good Earth and a steal of a deal of a bag from The Paper Doll. We came home to movie night and food made by the hubby.



Monday, we went driving. We drove down Chuckanut, to see the sights. It's one of my favorite drives, and such a great day for it!



We went into Edison, and I really wish I had gotten some pictures of that little town because even though it is only two wide, sharp bends in the road, it is lovely and quaint, and has a place where they are going to let me sell some of my products! He told me to come back with some stuff after my finals. How cool is that? I know!
I bought some scarves at the second hand store and wrapped one around my head to continue our drive, Diva style.



This was at the beach at Padilla Bay when we stopped to look at the mud flats. It was Diva Day, I figured we could use a cheesy picture or two.



Here is my best girl, looking so classy! The weather was a bit breezy right out on the flats, but it was welcome.

And here is us. It's not the best picture of me, but Kat looks amazing, as always. We went from the beach to Anacortes, where Trish was kind enough to work us into her schedule and we both got pedicures, courtesy of Mammasan. Then there was Cevichi at the Brown Lantern Tavern and knitting and chatting with Kat and Trish until the boys showed up so that John and I could take Kat home. We met up with Jesse at Molly Moon's an awesome home made ice cream place in Seattle, where Kat bought us delicious dessert.

All in all, a lovely weekend, and one that went by much too quickly.

No comments: