Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Last two weeks have been some of the worst weeks I have had in recent memory.

Our cars were broken into in our driveway. Both of them. The thieves got away with my purse and wallet, and my work laptop. That morning, Bea woke up throwing up. So with a pukey kid I was dealing with going to two different banks and cancelling all my cards as well as calling my credit cards and cancelling all of them.

Two weeks ago the girls came home from school with lice. It took two days to completely eradicate the lice from our house. It involved two rounds of shampoo and so much combing. SO. MUCH. COMBING. The girls both have hair down to the middle of their backs so it is such a pain to comb through with tiny little combs, looking for nits and such.

Last week, on top of the theft, after Bea got over the pukes, Edie came down with them and her case was much worse, as it tends to be in younger children. Then I got a bladder infection to top off the week.

Add into that a huge upheaval with my business partner that I can't talk about and it was a recipe for instant suicidal depression. Waves of anxiety, crying, suicidal thoughts. Heartbreak. Betrayal. Waves and waves of feeling overwhelmed and feeling like nothing will ever be okay again.

Things are a little better now. I've spent the last few days doing all the self care I need to do when I start feeling like this: I told my people, I made a plan with John, I withdrew until things started to make sense again and started feeling more like myself again.

Time to head to lab. I'll write more later.

No comments: