Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bea update

Hey guys, I figured out what the internet is missing! More pictures of my kid! (That is totally sarcastic. If you follow me on Facebook at all, you will know exactly how ridiculous this statement is. I actually filled up the SD card on my phone with pictures and videos of my little girl. Whoops.)

So, what is Beatrice up to right now?

(figuring out the camera)

(Bea sees a baby in there!)

This is today. Bea is 16 weeks and two days old. She is now grabbing things and putting them in her mouth all the time, eating her toes, and rolling over (and over and over and over...) Tonight, she grabbed my glasses and pulled them off my face, and hit my nose stud so hard that she pulled it out slightly. Miss grabby hands is figuring out what those things on the end of her arms do.

She is also laughing on a more regular basis now, and is full of babbling that seems to be directed at us for specific times, like morning babbles and evening babbles.

I've been back at work a lot more lately, so we're kind of figuring that out. She still is an on again/ off again nurser, and we cannot manage to get that solid. She does a lot of screaming and flailing and turning away from me in horrified tears. Then, she has a day where there is NO screaming, no kicking, no constantly needing to hit me in the face. I don't know. I have almost given up. We are giving one more week for her new reflux meds to kick in, and if they don't, we're going to exclusive pumping until that doesn't work anymore and we have to do formula. I just can't spend half of each day stressing out and trying to rock her to sleep with a binky in her mouth in the hope that she'll fall asleep and let me pull it out and slip a boob in to get her to eat. (When that is successful, and she wakes up in the middle, she looks extremely angry at me, like I've OFFENDED her by tricking her into taking the boob.)

She is seeming to really try to crawl, now that she can flip over and doesn't hate tummy time so much. We can see the gears moving in her head... "First this arm, then this leg... and... GO!" She will carefully place herself and then flail her limbs furiously while arching her butt up in the air. When that doesn't work, she gets SUPER frustrated and rolls back over to to her back until we pick her up, and then put her back down to start the cycle over again. As much as I love seeing her developmental milestones, I'm not entirely ready for her to be mobile yet. So, Bea, when you read this later, it's not like we WANTED you to stay an adorable, drooling lump, but we are LAZY parents and didn't really want to deal with babyproofing yet. Kapiche?

So, because I know that this is what EVERYONE wants to see, (*insert dripping sarcasm here*) here are some more pictures of Bea from the last few weeks

(With Daddy at the Seattle Aquarium for our first Father's Day)

(Being comforted by Auntie Kat on a visit to Seattle)

(Making friends with Walter just before his first birthday)

(STARFLEET CADET: Just after 3 months old)

(Sleepy bug)

(Baby's first 4th of July!)

(3 months, 2 weeks... Bea finds her toes and also realizes she can eat them)

(She fell asleep like this, 14 weeks old)


(Bigby riding, 15 weeks old)

(The rest of the onesie says "I Eat Poop".... Inside joke)

(Strong little girl, army man crawling towards me, almost 16 weeks)

(Hey guys, tummy time is totally hard - 16 weeks)

(Daddy and daughter had a rough day - 16 weeks)


Still pretty cute. Still pretty maddening. Still worth every single second. We love you, little booger.

No comments: